Letters of Recommendation
Before you ask me to write you a letter of recommendation, ask yourself: will she be able to write me a strong letter?
If you are interested in having me write you a recommendation, at least two (2) weeks before the due date are needed due to workload. In order to support your application and to have the strongest letter possible, please send answers to the questions below (ideally) two (2) weeks BEFORE the letter is due.
- The institution, address, and due date for the letter
- One paragraph explaining how you met me, what semester and year you met me, and in what capacity.
- Your GPA and major(s)/minor
- One paragraph detailing your working relationship with me. How did/do you interact in class? How did you contribute to the intellectual discussion/ learning of the class overall? What specific project/paper did you create?
- One paragraph about your life at the Colleges and in the broader community. Describe your involvement in committees, clubs, communities, conferences, etc.
- Add any information that you think is particularly relevant for the specific use of the letter, or any other particulars you think are important but not included in the above items.
- One paragraph about why you are applying for this and how it relates to your goals.
* your most recent resume
* a draft of your personal statement/ essays
*necessary forms with the information filled out
* addressed envelopes
Please send me a reminder email five (5) days before the letter is due.
Please send this information via email to email@example.com within three (3) days after you have asked me for a letter of recommendation.
Resources: Summer- Public Health
Resources: Pathways to Graduate School
* Claremont Colleges: Mellon Mays Undergraduate Fellowship: Due mid-February (Sophomores)